Position: Engineer Civil Works
Reporting to: Manager Network Implementation
Department: Technology Division
The incumbent of the position will be responsible of undertaking all the actions that assure the civil work within Network Implementation
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Supervision/ follow up of civil related works carried out under the Department or within the Institution as may be required from time to time.
- Interpretation of the Technical drawings and validation for implementation in the field.
- Preparation of the Bill of Quantities related Civil Works or any related works within the company
- Delegation/distribution of duties
- Validation of Bills of Quantities for issuance of PO by Finance Department
- Analysis and approval of Telkom sites’ structures for other operators’ collocation purpose.
- Preparation of weekly progress reports and schedules.
- Coordination and Participation in Technical Survey for Network Rollout
- Production of Technical Drawings where needed and as required.
- Climbing Towers for inspection to determine status and offer relevant solution to ensure all the towers meet the standard norm.
- Other duties as assigned.
Academic/ Professional Qualifications
- A bachelor's degree in Civil or Structural engineering from an accredited institution.
- Registered with the Engineers Board of Kenya/Institute of Quantity Surveyors or any other relevant and accredited Institution.
- Must have at least 5 years working experience in the Telecommunication Industry
- Local construction industry/market
- Statutory requirements by local Authorities
- Local Authority/Building by-laws
- Construction Law
- Global telecommunication revolution and demand
- Statutory Permits requirements.
- Network Planning, Design & Implementation
- GSM and Fixed line Network rollout
- Coordination of Network rollout-Civil Works
- Adequate knowledge in Project Management, effective usage of MS Project and able to step up to the task and manage a team of professionals whilst maintaining the confidence of internal and external clients
- Must be a team player.
- Ability to work under tight deadlines
- Be able to evaluate the work of others and ensure their work is in compliance with and is within applicable/relevant laws, regulations and standards and making sure the work is within set budgets and time frames.
- Should have adequate Communication Skills.
- Should be Creative able to innovate and improve on solutions.
- Should be critical thinker who is able to find efficient solutions for any complex problem that may arise. She/he should be able to assess the pros and cons of all possible solutions, and need to be decisive in order to choose the best one.
- Need to be skilled in design techniques and working with maps, drawings and models, as well as CAD software.
- Autonomy in a multicultural and multifunctional environment, ability to liaise with other entities and departments inside Telkom Kenya and outside Telkom Kenya
This position is open to Kenyan citizens only. If you are up to the challenge & fit the required profile, please apply highlighting how your qualifications, experience and career aspirations match the requirements for this position.
Application should be sent by latest 15th May 2018 , please provide an updated Curriculum Vitae (CV) including details of your current telephone contacts and names of three referees. Apply through firstname.lastname@example.org and ensure the job title is quoted on the subject field. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.