Position:Key Account Manager- Public Sector
Reporting to:Head of Public Sector
Reporting to the Head of Public Sector, the job holder will be required to implement and drive the sales strategy and action plans for the sales and distribution of Telkom product and services for Public Sector Enterprise customers. Furthermore, he/she must facilitate and enable the meeting of sales targets and revenue margins across the customer network within Public Sector
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Achieve the sales targets through new and existing business.
- Contribute to the cost savings target of the business
- Forecast and monitor sales for current and new customers
- Monitor the profitability for customers and propose the appropriate plans
- Build and maintain relationships with customers. Conduct joint customer meetings to drive volumes and profitability.
- Develop business plan, lead the sales pitch and negotiate the contractual agreements based on the set guidelines
- Develop and demonstrate a thorough understanding of the customer business
- Conduct analysis of customer, customers and sales metrics, costs and categories to inform business decisions
- Ensure the effective management of the customer account and timeous problem solving
- Forecast and maintain sales plans and stock levels (if required) with customers.
- Ensure the accuracy of the first bill as per the signed agreement
- Develop and recommend business plans in conjunction with customers and customers to drive business growth
- Act as the key interface between the customer and all relevant divisions for on boarding and ongoing interactions
- Analyse business and market information to inform sales decisions
- Continuously ensure alignment with marketing, branding and communications procedures and identify training requirements (where applicable)
- Utilise and align internal business processes and systems to execute sales and ensure operational efficiency
- Regularly engage with customer to plan and execute marketing interventions
- Facilitate communication channels on all levels to prevent breakdown in information flow
- Support the finance team in money collection and issue resolution
- Grow and develop existing customers as well as generating new business.
- Keep customer information and contractual agreement up to date
- Ensure a thorough understanding of the Telkom products and services, policies and procedures to ensure a consistent delivery of sales and sales message to all customers
Academic/ Professional Qualifications
- Relevant Business degree in Sales, Marketing or Economics, MBA would be an added advantage
- 3 - 5 years’ experience in Marketing Management, Sales management, Relationship management
- Experience in high dollar value consultative selling and relationship management preferably within major accounts
- Strong Leadership and Internal Stakeholder Management Skills
- Excellent in communication, presentation, business reporting, competitive proposal writing and negotiation skills
- High end sales generation and closing ability
- Ability to project a strong, positive image of him/herself and the Company
- Strong Organizational & Planning Skills
- Strong problem solving skills: ability to solve customer issues, sometimes without seeing the actual problem first hand.
- Strong financial skills by understanding the costs to serve and its impact on the Profit & Loss (P&L).
This position is opened to Kenyan citizens only. If you fit the required profile, please apply highlighting how your qualifications, experience and career aspirations match the requirements for this position.Application should be sent by latest 23rd February 2018, please provide an updated Curriculum Vitae (CV) including details of your current telephone contacts and names of three referees. Apply through firstname.lastname@example.org and quote the job title in the subject field. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.