Position: Regional Security Coordinator- Nairobi
Reporting to: Head of Security
Department: Administration & Compliance/Security
To ensure the security of TKL staff, assets and installations in the regions by implementing laid down Security procedures , policies , guidelines while using electronic security Surveillance and by co-ordinating the third party security service providers. Subsequently, reporting all security breaches to the Head of Security.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Supervise contracted security guards in the respective region to ensure they perform to required TKL standards
- Control Access : Vetting, logging and disposal of all visitors to the site hence ensuring that only authorized personnel access the site. Hold keys to all offices within site and ensure they are locked after business hours
- Ensure consistent electronic Security surveillance ( CCTV) of site to detect and deter pilferage or external intrusion though perimeter walls
- Monitor and respond to intruder alarms or fire alarms/ incidents and investigate cause to ensure that property is not lost or destroyed
- Enforcement of security procedures e.g. searches hence prevention of theft and pilferage
- Inducting and on-the job training of contracted security staff to ensure that they maintain a high level of Security standard
- Security education of staff within the site to develop an awareness and hence improve compliance that would assist secure the site proactively rather than reactively.
- Review and oversee accuracy and quality of all security records maintained by third party security guards
- Constantly check all regional sites (technical sites, shops, plots, offices) in order to enhance and prevent encroachment.
- Provide regular activity and security reports together for enhancement of security
Academic/ Professional Qualifications
- Relevant university degree with minimum 3-5 years’ work experience in a similar role
- Local site security standard operating procedures.
- Emergency evacuation knowledge ( fire fighting, first aid)
- Knowledge of basic investigation principles.
- Access control and personal Security principles
- Knowledge on manned and electronic surveillance processes.
- Organizational awareness
- Team-work and cooperation
- Analytical thinking & problem solving
- Able to provide detailed audit reports, with relevant required preventive and corrective measures
- Good planning and organization skills
- Willingness to travel
This position is open to Kenyan citizens only. If you fit the required profile, please apply highlighting how your qualifications, experience and career aspirations match the requirements for this position.
Application should be sent by latest 3rd October 2017 , please provide an updated Curriculum Vitae (CV) including details of your current telephone contacts and names of three referees. Apply through firstname.lastname@example.org and ensure the job title is quoted on the subject field. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.