Position: Senior PR Specialist
Reporting to: Chief Corporate Communications Officer
Department: Corporate Communications
The purpose of this position is to enhance Telkom’s media relations as well as improve Telkom’s stakeholder relations and engagements by way of a sound Corporate Relations Strategy, with a key focus on content generation, packaging and dissemination. The holder of this role also deputises the Chief Officer of the department, as and when needed.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist in the production and monitoring of the company’s Corporate Communications Strategy and execution of the same.
- Seamlessly coordinate Product PR/ Brand PR/Issue Management/Crisis Communications/Social Communications/Industrial Relations/Investor Relations, cross-functionally, across the business’ units.
- Oversee publicity for and orchestration of corporate events and press conferences, taking the lead with the business’s PR Agency to develop all Corporate Communication material, as well as confirm on the accuracy of all material set for external dissemination;
- Develop and maintain relationships with all key local and in some cases international media; personally and via the PR Agency;
- Lead in the generation, packaging and dissemination of quality content to all target publics and stakeholders;
- Continuously monitor global and local trends, review policies and objectives that impact the business – Market intelligence.
Academic/ Professional Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in Social Sciences, Journalism or Communications from a recognised institution of Higher Learning.
- Should have a minimum 8 years work experience in a multi-faceted Communications-inclined environment, with a focus on content generation and media relations.
- Crisis Management competencies;
- Media Management;
- Event Management;
- Integrated PR skills;
- Should be an active member of the PRSK;
- CIPR accreditation is encouraged.
- Business acumen, strategic planning, project management, creativity, analytics, oral/written communication;
- Teambuilding and teamwork;
- Organisational adaptation and flexibility;
- Excellent communication skills (both oral and written);
- Well networked (in context of role);
- Efficient budget planning and management;
- Matrix management
This position is open to Kenyan citizens only. If you fit the required profile, please apply highlighting how your qualifications, experience and career aspirations match the requirements for this position.
Application should be sent by latest 26th September 2017 , please provide an updated Curriculum Vitae (CV) including details of your current telephone contacts and names of three referees. Apply through email@example.com and ensure the job title is quoted on the subject field. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.