Position: Site Acquisition & Permitting Engineer
Reporting to:Manager Network Implementation
Acquires sites for telecommunication installations, acquire permits as necessary and provide liaison with contractors and statutory bodies on matters related to the above.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Evaluating the suitability of the acquired sites to ensure successful rollout.
- Confirm authenticity of ownership by obtaining standard ownership documents.
- Negotiate for competitive rent and ask landlord to sign letter of offer.
- Prepare and submit three signed letters of offer for each site acquired and approved by technical survey team to Legal Department for confirmation and submission to CEO for approval
- Negotiate for competitive rent on contract renewal for existing sites.
- Apply to KCAA for inspection and approval of tower heights planned for the sites acquired.
- Apply and obtain built permit from the relevant Local Authority
- Apply for wayleave permit from the relevant Authorities (County Government, KeNHA, KeRRA & KURA)
- Facilitate the Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA) consultant who must be registered in the NEMA register, to carry out assessment of the new site and submit to NEMA for certification.
- Facilitate the Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA) consultant who must be registered in the NEMA register, to carry out subsequent periodic assessment of the site and submit to NEMA certification.
Academic/ Professional Qualifications
- University Degree in Real estate, Land Economics or Valuer.
- 3 years Experience in Network Roll-out operations and site acquisition
- Knowledge of the local market for statutory bodies
- Autonomy in a multicultural and multifunctional environment, ability to liaise with other entities and departments inside & outside Telkom Kenya
- Proactive and dynamic.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Efficient and results oriented
- Self-motivated person able to work under minimum supervision
- Organization and communication skills
- Negotiation skills
This position is open to Kenyan citizens only. If you are up to the challenge & fit the required profile, please apply highlighting how your qualifications, experience and career aspirations match the requirements for this position.
Application should be sent by latest 10th May 2018 , please provide an updated Curriculum Vitae (CV) including details of your current telephone contacts and names of three referees. Apply through firstname.lastname@example.org and ensure the job title is quoted on the subject field. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.