Position:Online Charging System – Technical Project Manager
Reporting to:Head of Service platforms
Who We Are
Telkom connects the people that keep Kenya on the move. It does this by providing integrated telecommunications solutions to individuals, Small and Medium-sized Enterprises (SMEs), Government and large corporates in Kenya, drawing from a diverse solutions suite that includes voice, data, mobile money as well as network services. Powered by its vast fibre optic infrastructure, it is also a major provider of wholesale, carrier-to-carrier traffic within the country and the region.
About This Role
The incumbent will be responsible for the delivery of the Nokia SurePay Online Charging System with one of the key deliverables being the management of the migration from the ZTE ZSmart 7.1
What You Will Do
- Manage project schedules, identify and report risks, manage governance and communicate with stakeholders
- Work closely with project stakeholders to present proposals for consideration and drive momentum through the review and approval pipeline
- Identify blocking issues and work through resolution while fluidly adapting priorities to ensure the team retains focus on the highest value work
- Employ one or more mitigation strategies for technical risks while assisting the team in identifying the problem at the root of several technical issues
- Structure ill-defined problems, develop and apply conceptual frameworks and analytical approaches, create new tools and methodologies, and develop recommendations for implementation
- Manage the compliance review and approval process for new features/solutions will also comprise a critical area of the work
- Review of technical documentation
Requirements for the job
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering ,Business, IT, Telecommunications or other related field from an accredited institution of higher learning
- Minimum 8 years project management experience
- At least 2 OCS swap projects completed successfully and at least one to Nokia SurePay OCS
- Nokia SurePay hands-on experience
- Experience in managing resources to deliver time-sensitive projects.
- Ability to manage a variety of cross-functional team members
- Management of design meetings with technical teams and relevant stakeholders
- Led cross-functional teams to implement or replace existing OCS platform (preferably Nokia)
- Certified project manager & Agile project management practitioner
- In-depth OCS/CBS knowledge
- In-depth NG-IN knowledge
- ITIL/eTOM practitioner
- Ability to quickly analyze data or a given situation and make good decisions
- Excellent Communication & Time Management Skills
- Organization Skills – the ability to organize multiple complicated tasks, prioritize, plan & schedule is critical.
- Problem Solving Skills – ability to ask the hard questions and continuously confirm decisions, timelines and dependencies.
- Adaptability – ability to adapt to changes and work with teams to overcome challenges, quickly come up with solutions
Application should be sent by 5th November 2018, please provide an updated Curriculum Vitae (CV) including details of your current telephone contacts and names of three referees. Apply through firstname.lastname@example.org and ensure the job title is quoted on the subject field. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.