Life Bila Noma is a bundle that gives you data, minutes, and SMS, and peace of mind with up to 20,000KES of personal accident cover from Britam
The table below shows the products’ breakdown.
Price: KES 200 (Inclusive of Insurance premium)
Data : 1GB Monthly
Voice : 25 Minutes Any net
100 on-net minutes
SMS : 25 SMS
Validity : 30 Days
Insurance Benefit : Personal accidents cover @ KES. 20,000 monthly limit
Last expense cover @ KES. 20,000 monthly limit
1. What is the Life Bila Noma Bundle?
This is a new product from Telkom which gives you data, voice minutes, and SMS in addition to personal accident and last-expense insurance from Britam.
2. What does the bundle come with?
There are 2 options, Life 300 and Life 200:
3. How do I subscribe to the bundle?
By dialing *444# and selecting Ride Bila Noma.
4. What is the bundle validity?
5. Do the bundles roll over?
No. You get a new bundle every time you renew.
6. How much is the personal accident cover?
Up to Kes 20,000 per month.
7. How much is the last-expense cover?
Kes 20,000 per year.
8. How do I check the bundle balance?
By dialing *144#
9. Can I buy more than one bundle before the existing bundle expires?
You can only buy the Ride bundle once every 30 days, however you can buy any other Telkom bundle during that period.
10. What happens when I renew before my current bundle expires?
You will not be able to renew the Ride bila noma bundle before the 30-day validity elapses.
11. What happens when my bundle expires before exhausting the data, minutes, and SMS?
The resources will be forfeited.
12. Do I earn Ziada points when I buy bundles?
13. Are there any exclusions? If Yes, what is not covered?
Yes, there are a few exclusions. These are: pre-existing physical or mental defects, self-exposure to hazardous activities such as death from drugs/alcohol, suicide and war risks unless special arrangements are made.
14. Are accidents from any activity covered?
The following activities are not covered: Aqualung diving, rugby, boxing, climbing and mountaineering necessitating ropes or guides, parachuting, polo, power boating, motor competitions and show jumping.
15. What is the age limit for taking this policy?
Minimum entry age is 18 years. Maximum joining age is 65 years at entry.
Maximum coverage age 70 years.
16. How do I make a claim?
1. Client visits a Britam Panel hospital or hospital outside the panel.
2. Client will pay the hospital bill and submit; a duly completed claim form, discharge summary, hospital bill/invoice, payment receipts and police abstract to Britam for claim processing within 7 days after hospitalization.
3. Britam will review the received claims and notify the client if the claim has been approved
4. For approved claims payment will be made to the client via mobile money up to the cover limit.
Britam Panel Hospital- Inpatient only
1. Client visits a Britam Inpatient Panel hospital.
2. In the event of admission, the client presents a National ID to the hospital within 48 hours of hospitalization.
3. Client calls Britam helpline to request for hospitalization approval.
4. Britam sends authorization to the hospital up to the cover limit.
Hospitalization Outside Britam Panel Hospitals- Inpatient
1. Client will pay the hospital bill and submit; a duly completed claim form, discharge summary, hospital bill/invoice, payment receipts and police abstract to Britam for claim processing within 7 days after hospitalization.
2. Britam will review the received claims and notify the client that the claim has been approved or rejected.
3. For approved claims payment will be made to the client via mobile money up to the cover limit.
17. What documents will I be required to have to make a claim?
For a death claim, you need the following documents:
1.ID copy of the deceased
2.ID copy of the claimant
3.A certified copy of burial permit or death certificate
4.Filled Britam claim form
18. Where can I get health services in case of an accident?
You can access over 400 hospitals countrywide based on the one which is convenient. A list of hospitals is available on the Britam website.
19. How do I identify myself at the hospital?
In case you visit any of the hospitals in our network, call 0709 165 000 to notify Britam who will then send a pre-authorization to the hospital for you to receive treatment. Note, you will be required to show your ID at the hospital.
20. What happens incase I visit a non-network hospital?
Call the Britam helpline 0709 165 000 or email firstname.lastname@example.org and a Britam representative will guide you on what to do.
21. How fast can the payments be processed?
All valid claims will be paid out within 5 working days with effect from the time the insurer receives all the required documents.
22. When does the cover become active?
24 hours after purchase of bundle.
23. Is the cover still valid upon lapse of the date of renewal?
In the event of non-payment of premiums within 24 hours , all the above benefits shall lapse and become suspended.
24. Whom do I call in case of any insurance queries?
Get in touch with Britam through our call centre number 0709 165 000 or Email email@example.com.